Thursday, December 17, 2009
Twelve Days of Christmas
I found these cute little Christmas bags in the dollar section at Target. The boys just share one for now, and as we have more kids another two will share the other one. I was thinking of using them for a Twelve Days of Christmas thing for the boys. Last year at Thanksgiving, Becky gave the boys a book The
Twelve Days of Christmas, and Eli loves reading/singing it multiple times every day. :) A friend of ours gave his wife a present each day for the twelve days leading up to Christmas one year, and I thought that was such a fun idea. For this year, I decided to put little notes in the bags telling the boys something 'special' we get to do that day. Some of these things are more geared toward Eli because, well, Noah doesn't really know what's going on most of the time. :) Tuesday's was to go to the library and check out a basket full of books. That isn't too out of the ordinary, but Eli really likes checking out new books and it was something to do for free. Yesterday's was making popcorn balls with Mama. I'm just making them up as I go, but I wanted to watch The Nativity with Eli, so one day I'll put a note in there that Eli gets to stay up a little late and watch a Christmas movie with Mama and Dada. He doesn't know that we're planning a trip to the Children's Museum on Monday, so that will be one, too. Anyway, it's just an easy way to make things exciting for Eli and give him more to look forward to. Also, there's the added benefit of practicing letter recognition when we read the notes! :) (Except he only knows capital letters, so I have to write in all caps!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a feeling that the boys are going to look back on their childhood one of these days and remember a lot of wonderful memories!
Sound like fun and yes memorable!
XXXOOO MOM
Post a Comment