Thursday, December 10, 2009

My boys

A few things.
1.) We went out to the Dollar Store tonight to have the boys pick out Christmas gifts for each other. Jonny and Noah picked out Eli's gift, while Eli and I picked out Noah's. It was fun until we started leaving the store. Noah burst into tears when Jonny took the toy out of his little hands to pay for it. Eli began to stomp his feet and whine when he learned we were leaving without him knowing what his gift was. As we buckled him into his seat his whining escalated into a full on fit because he didn't get to have his gift right now. Poor boy. Noah was also still crying. The whole drive home we had very unhappy boys. And I thought gift giving would be fun.... I think next year I'll plan that better and have them get each other's gifts the day before Christmas, instead of two weeks before. :)

2.) Eli is my little buddy. I can't get enough of that kid. He is so fun to be around and the things he says.... what can I say, I just love my boy. Here are some Eli moments I want to 'get down on paper':

  • Eli was standing up on the bench at our dinner table and getting too playful, so I told him to be careful so he doesn't fall. He said, "Then I will fall and get a big owie and die and go to heaven with Jesus?" Good grief! Where did that come from? The only time we've talked about dying from a bad owie is when he was learning to stay on the sidewalk and not to go in the street! I told him he'd probably just get a bump on his head if he fell. He replied, "Oh, and then Jesus will have to fix me?"
  • We were out driving when Eli noticed some mountains. He pointed in the correct direction (southeast) and said, "Those are the mountains to Kwamaf (Klamath) Falls." What a smartie pants!
  • A couple days ago Eli asked, "What color is the baby going to be? White? Yeah, I think super white." Probably. :)
  • This one is so strange. When Eli gets upset at Jonny, Noah or I, he furrows his brow and sternly says, "You're not the truth of God!" But then a few times when he's been cuddling and giving me loves, he says, "Mommy, your the truth of God." I have no clue what he means by this, so I just kinda nod my head, "okay".
  • And last night Eli was talking to the baby in my belly again and he pointed to our Christmas tree and said, "There's some Christmas lights for you to look at, Baby."
3.) Noah and Eli have been playing together more and more. I was saying that months ago, but their play keeps getting better. They actually play strange little games together now, and I'm sure as they get older they'll become closer and closer. It so blesses me to see them love and enjoy each other. However, with more playing comes more fighting. I am breaking up fights on a daily basis now. Noah, the cute little troublemaker- he likes to egg Eli on. And Eli, well, he tends to use his height and strength to his advantage and Noah's disadvantage. (However, Noah is more tough than Eli, so once they catch up in size, Eli better watch out!)

4.) Lately, Noah says this word- "BaNauw!" I have no idea what it is supposed to be. I think its just a random word he formed on his own, but Eli hates this word... which makes Noah like it even more. He will go up to Eli and shout, "BaNauw!" over and over until Eli is in tears screaming for him to stop. Can you ban a word that isn't even a word? :)

These boys certainly make life joyful and interesting!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Too funny! I glad your writting all these down, how soon we forget some of the things. Remeber the one about Uncle Kenny saying to his Grandad that he (Kenny) is really fart, instead of smart.
XXX))) MOM/Grandma