Sunday, December 13, 2009

conviction

Oh, conviction. It's so painful, but so good. Do you ever do or say something that you later completely regret, and in total embarrassment, think Why did I do/say that? I'm so stupid! Oh, Lord, I'm so sorry. My wretched, awful heart. I'm so embarrassed. Change me!

It seems like this happens to me a lot. Just recently I was washing dishes while the boys were playing in the living room; we were listening to their Kids Bible Songs CD, when one of their songs had me so convicted over some, lets just say- unnecessary information I shared with a good friend. After tossing and turning that night, I decided to call her to apologize for poisoning her well with my speech. I think I've mentioned this song before, but here are the lyrics. Its so good for us 'grown ups' to hear, too. :)

O be careful little eyes what you see...
O be careful little ears what you hear...
O be careful little tongue what you say...
O be careful little hands what you do...
O be careful little feet where you go...
O be careful little heart whom you trust...
O be careful little mind what you think...
...For the Father up above is looking down in love,
So be careful little _____ what you _____.

This verse sums it up... "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." -Ps. 19:14 I need to write that one down in nice big, bold print and tape it to my bathroom mirror, so every time I look at myself I will be reminded to take my thoughts and words captive unto Him.

No comments: