Saturday, December 5, 2009

I know, I know... we're bad... shame on us...


Alright, okay. So we got a new Christmas tree. Isn't that horrible!? Corvallis was voted one of the most Eco friendly small towns in America, and we are totally letting the town down. I guess its good we technically live in Albany... that makes it okay. :)
After a week of looking at our sad little tree, we decided to get a prettier one. And I love it! Jonny surprised Eli and I the other night. He worked late, and came home with a new tree! It was $15- so that puts us at $20 total for two Christmas trees. Maybe next year we'll still take the trip into the mountains to play in the snow, but then we'll get our tree from one of those farms where they grow pretty trees and you pick the one you want them to cut down for you. (For $20- that's not bad.) That's what we did when I was younger and lived in southern CA. I'm feeling kinda lazy with the decorating this year. I'm just lazy in general lately, and now that my belly is poking out a bit I feel even more lazy and tired from being up and about. I think I'll just put a few of our favorite ornaments up high on the tree where Noah can't reach them. :)

In other Christmas news... we've been having some fun... look and see!
We made a Christmas chain!
Also, I have to mention our Advent calendar. I picked one that has the numbers all out of order, which has been so cool (and more fun) for Eli to learn his numbers by searching for them. We really haven't spent much time on numbers, so this is awesome! Then, we break the chocolate in half for each boy... gotta be fair and I'm too cheap to buy two. ;)

Aw, my little Noey. He's sleeping with his Elmo ornament. (He sleeps with the weirdest things. He REALLY likes to go to bed with his tooth brush.) We were trying to find a Lightening McQeen ornament for Eli but we couldn't find one. I knew if we found an Elmo ornament, that would be perfect for Noah because Noah's been really excited about Elmo lately. Cookie Monster was right next to Elmo, so Eli chose that one.

This is an ornament that a family friend gave to us the year we were married. I have no idea what happened to the husband's head! I promise it wasn't me! But I have two guesses of what could have happened...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hahaha! That's funny that the husband's head is missing. :)
I forgot about making Christmas chains. I should do that with Joshua. Thanks for reminding me!

Becky said...

$20 for two big trees?! That's a pretty big deal. I just bought a 4 foot Christmas tree the other day for $20. Maybe prices are higher here cuz pine and fir trees are a little harder to come by around here. My tree might've even come from Oregon!

Mom said...

Ok, that Charlie Brown tree you had was pretty bad! Do you remeber the artificial tree we had the year we returned to CA? That was really bad. I can honesly say I like you new tree better, aren't Christmas's fun?
XXXOOO MOM/Grandma