Friday, December 4, 2009

more talking

Most of everything this kid says is so funny, but its hard to remember it all. So I'm sharing just a little more. Eli has been talking to his 'baby sister' in my belly in the last few days- which we totally feel moving all around now! (Lately, I'm just hoping for a girl so Eli isn't disappointed. No matter how many times I tell him, we don't actually know if its a girl yet, he insists that it is.) So here is what Eli said to his baby last night...

"Hi, Baby. This is your big brother, Eli. I will take care of you and hold you. We have lots of toys, too. Lots and lots of toys. You have another brother, too. His name is Noah. But he might poke you in the eye. But then I'll tell Mama."

Then just now he said, "Hi, Baby." Then kissed my belly and asked me what kinds of baby songs he could sing to the baby. I said a few, but he didn't like any of them. He said, "I could sing Jesus Loves Me." I said that that was a good idea and he could tell her bible stories and teach her about God, too. Then he leaned in and said, "Baby. There is only ONE God. Jesus is God." Whoa, Eli! Preach it big brother!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Our little preacher man!
XXXOOO MOM