We have a couple prayer requests... Eli & Jonny are both sick! I want these colds to be gone before the baby is born! And Eli hasn't slept through the night once since we moved in. We can't seem to get the temperature right in his room; its either too cold or too hot. He's peed through is diaper at least 3 times since we've been here, & has woken up screaming for me twice. All that coupled w/ his cold, a terrible diaper rash & the fact that his window faces the east & gets the early morning sun, we haven't been getting much sleep at night.
I'm getting a little worried about leaving Eli & then bringing home a new baby. He seems extra toddler-like these days :) That sounds funny, but I don't know how else to phrase it. He has these mood swings that range from extreme clingy-I want Mama to hold me at all times (like right now!), to hyper-Monster curiosity & activity, to throwing himself on the ground in an angry fit. He's got quite a temper & yes, I'm going to point fingers & blame that on Jonny. I guess he had quite a temper as a youngin'. :)
I had quite the experience at the DMV this morning. I had to renew my driver's license, so I brought a confirmation of residence from the US Postal Service for my proof of residence. They didn't accept that & wanted a utility bill. I don't have a bill b/c I pay our utilities online, so I went down-town to the utilities office & got a service verification form. I called the DMV to make sure that was acceptable. They said yes. I returned to the DMV, waited in line again, & got a new lady who said my form was not acceptable. The first lady looked over at the form & said it would be acceptable if I had it stamped & signed by the utilities office. So I left & returned AGAIN, got a third stupid DMV ticket & waited in line. And guess what happened, the third lady to help me said my form was unacceptable. First, she told me not to set my child on the counter b/c she didn't want him to fall (even though I had him right in front of my big 9 month pregnant belly w/ my arm around him!) I told her to check w/ the first lady. They started arguing & then she returned obviously upset & annoyed by me. By now, Eli was so tired of the run-around he started throwing his body back in my arms crying & kicking his legs. It was horrible! Then I had to go smile for my license picture. I felt like crying. Eli was a monster, the ladies were horribly mean & now for the next 10 years I have an ugly driver's license picture!
What a day! Eli's having a melt-down... I better go.
No comments:
Post a Comment