Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blessed

Okay, we're finally back online! We're all moved into our house & slowly putting things into their place. Of course our moving weekend had to be the weekend it gets into the high 90's, but God is so gracious. He's provided us w/ an air-conditioned home right when it gets hot out. This last stretch of my pregnancy will be sweat free! :) But really, our move went so smoothly. Friday afternoon Jonny & three guys from church moved everything into our house in four hours while I sat in my friend, Lindsey's, air-conditioned house. Then, Saturday Jonny & I went over to the apartment to clean. We have been so blessed during the move. Our friends, Rory & Lindsey, (who now share the same neighborhood as us!) have been over helping a lot . Another couple from church brought us a meal one night; and then this evening I used my Mother's Day gift from Jonny to get a pedicure for my aching feet.

I had an appointment today w/ Katie, the midwife who delivered Eli. She felt the baby & thought he seemed small. Hey, I'm okay w/ that! Now for the technical stuff: I am now 3cm & 50% effaced. Yah, I need to take it easy! It's so hard being here all day & not being able to lift things & work on setting up our home. Katie said this doesn't necessarily mean the baby will come early. We just have to wait & see. I am definitely in no hurry. I want him to be a June baby. I do want to ask for prayer for Eli & his transition to all the changes. That's another reason I hope the baby is born in June. I want Eli to have some time to adjust to our new home. He also doesn't see his grandma all the time either, so I don't want it to freak him out that we left him in a home he's not familiar w/, a grandma he doesn't know super well, & then we come home w/ a new baby who takes up all the attention. Anyway, we love our new home & Eli loves his backyard! We can't wait for you all to come visit us!

No comments: