Tuesday, May 27, 2008

39 weeks!

I had an appointment today & nothing has changed. I'm still 3cm & 50%. She offered to strip my membranes, which would cause things to progress quickly only if my body was really close to starting labor. She said it would probably cause me to start contracting today. I said no thank you. Exactly a week before Eli was born, I had this done b/c my mom & Becky were in town. We were trying to get things going while they were here, but nothing happened &, as I recall, it was really painful. Instead, Eli was born 7 days later & they made another trip up. :) I'm perfectly content keeping this baby in my womb for a little bit longer. The midwife said her guess was that he'd be here within the next 7 days. Then she said, "But I've been known to be wrong before." So really... we're still just waiting b/c only the Lord knows! :)

No comments: