Monday, May 12, 2008

"Mama"

Since Mother's Day was on Sunday, I was thinking about how much I love being a Mommy. It's definitely frustrating sometimes, & it sorta seems like most of the Eli stories I post are stories of Eli being a monster. I'm always telling people how outgoing & friendly he is, but he definitely has a tender, mama-loving side to him. Jonny often calls him a 'Mama's boy'... & I think that's just fine for now. In fact, I LOVE that Eli wants & needs me.

When Eli wakes up in the morning he often talks to himself for awhile, then every morning we hear, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" Even though Jonny is the one who usually goes in to get him, he continues to say, "Mama!" Jonny brings me my sweet Eli & we cuddle in bed while Daddy gets ready for work. For some reason Eli loves the smell & touch of my skin; he always wants to lay his face on my skin... my chest, my belly, my shoulder, even my leg. He's a little strange :)

Eli usually cries & holds onto me w/ a death grip when I leave him in the wobbler room. (he's usually quickly distracted by friends & toys) They even tell me during his stay he asks, "Mama? Mama?" When I come to pick him up its like I'm the greatest person in the world. He's so excited to see me; he bolts to the door & covers me w/ hugs kisses. Sometimes, he looks back at the girls working & as if he's all proud, he points to me & says, "Mama." Of course I just love it!

When we are out in public around strangers or even visiting friends/family Eli is not totally familiar w/ he is always friendly, but it always takes a little time for him to be okay being held. He wants me by his side, & of course a cry, "Mama!" will come if his personal bubble is invaded. :)

When Eli gets hurt or is sleepy or scared or grumpy he wants his mama. He reaches for me & clings to me w/ the same sweet cry, "Mama." I love that he thinks I'm so wonderful. I'm going to savor every moment b/c I know it won't stay this way for long. And I'm so looking forward to being the mama of another sweet boy. Only 25 more days until my due date!

No comments: