Two Sundays ago, we studied Proverbs 16 at church. Verse 21 reads, "The wise in heart will be called prudent, And sweetness of the lips increases learning." Rob briefly touched on having a sweetness of lips when we are teaching our children, and I have been thinking about that ever since. Sometimes I get so frustrated when the boys ask me "WHY?" for the millionth time... especially when they know the answer. Or when they are fighting and screaming what seems like all day long, I get so annoyed! The problem is that my frustration and annoyance can come out in my voice. I lose it and yell or talk harshly. I don't want to do that! In the last couple weeks that I've been trying to be more careful of my speech and tone, I noticed Eli has been talking sorta rude. If I'm in his way he'll ask me to move in a mean way. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! I'm still correcting him on speaking kindly, but its totally my fault. He learned that from me. Ouch.
So yeah, that's what I'm working on lately. Having kids is the most rewarding yet challenging thing I've ever done. I have never had so much personal reflection and character growth until I had kids. We work so much on building their character- teaching them about the Lord, being polite, being kind, being hospitable, etc, etc. But it seems like I'm the one needing the lessons in character building. I have never been in such a short account with the Lord... I'm constantly seeing how much I need my Savior.
Okay, and here is a video of my silly husband playing with his playmates. :) This is a verse we studied this last Sunday: "Children's children are the crown of old men, And the glory of children is their father." Prov. 17:6 Rob shared how he delighted in his father and loved hanging out with his dad growing up. I think our boys absolutely delight in their Daddy. I love seeing how much they love him and how he loves them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment