Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Exhausted

Oh, boy. Oh, boy x3!! I got eight hours of sleep last night, but I still feel so tired! Maybe it has something to do with the four hours- wake up- two hours- wake up- two hours- wake up. And last night was a good night. Until a few days ago, Josiah hasn't been sleeping longer than three hours at a time. He wakes up every three, two and one hour at night. He nurses and goes right back to sleep, but it still makes me so tired. All week last week SiSi wasn't sleeping longer than two hours at a time at night. He's been a real easy baby so far- sleeping lots and lots, but last week he had a few fussy afternoons that had me going bonkers. We also dropped Eli's nap, because he was staying up way too late, so he's been a little crabby in the afternoons as well.

I had my six week postpartum appointment with the midwife on Monday. They are always concerned about mommy's having the baby blues, so they take some time to talk with you about your feelings and how everything is going. Well, that poor midwife! I just let it all out. I told her how I've been a lot more weepy and emotional, I told her how I feel guilty for not playing with Eli and Noah as much, I told her how I don't have enough time for everything, I told her how exhausted I am... I just went on and on. (I won't do that here. :) ) She told me she thinks its mostly fatigue and that I need to take more vitamin B to help with my emotions.

Life is good. I am so blessed. I love my boys.
I am just so tired. I don't want to do anything but stay home.

This is what you do when two boys want thier Mommy. I love the Ergo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Put the moby on and then the ergo...then you'll be hands free and two boys in tow...:) j/k I'll be there VERY soon with you! I was talking to a friend who has four children that are semi grown (oldest is 10) and she said she never went anywhere when they were little, she thought it was tiring just to think about it. So just stay home and relax Mama. The routine will set in, emotions will balance and you'll get the hang of things again....then I can learn ;)

JuRita said...

Jess... I remember when Elizabeth (our #3) was a newborn, locking myself in the car with music and cried my heart out (basically was weeping). Of course Dad was home, but I sure did need to just let it out. Our emotions are so weak during those adjustments and we need Jesus to the fullest!

I agree with Beka, after I had my third, I embraced being home more and keeping life simple. I will pray for you! Each year gets better! I am here for you friend :)