Life has been SO BUSY! I guess its mostly Jonny's schedule that is so busy, but his busyness is making me exhausted. :) He's has three classes to prepare for (next term he gets to teach only one class all day!) & is coaching 7th grade basketball. We don't usually see Jonny until about 6:30 at night, at the earliest. It's later on game nights; like yesterday the boys didn't even get to see Jonny. :( On Monday he broke up with his cardio rehab lady. :) He told her his schedule is just too crazy & he doesn't have time to work out. We had a weekend get-away in Sun River planed with some friends for the end of the month, but we had to cancel that, too. :( I'm so sad about that one! :(
In other news, I had my last shower with Eli today. Okay, that sounds strange, but let me explain. Since Eli was tiny I've had him in the bathroom with me for my morning shower. First, it was in his baby bouncer, then his exersaucer right outside the doorway, then his high chair with some cheerios, then I started bringing him in with me. Now, we go in during Noah's morning nap. But Eli will be 2 1/2 in March & we decided its time to call it quits. I find it sad because my baby boy is getting older & although naked doesn't have the same meaning to Eli as it does to adults its the beginning of a loss of his baby innocence & that makes me sad. Plus, I'm going to miss spending that time with my boy. I guess I still have little Noey! Now I have to shower at night.... but I guess I don't have to shuffle around Eli sitting on the tub floor playing with his cups! I told Eli, "Eli, this is your last shower with Mama." He responded with a serious face trying to understand, "Oooh". I explained, "You can't take showers with me anymore." He said, "Oh. I make a bad choice?" I smiled, "No, Eli. You didn't make a bad choice. You're just getting too big." He sat back down, "Oh, okay." He obviously wasn't as broken up about it.
And last thing, Happy Birthday to my sister, Michelle! Oh my gosh, you're 30!!! :)
1 comment:
I love showering with my kids too, but with all three of them in there with me, it hardly even allows shuffle room! :) Still, I'm not ready to give it up just yet.
And I know how you feel about Jonny's schedule! Donnie and Tom are coaching 5th grade basketball (not for pay, just as a favor) and 3 nights a week, Donnie comes home, scarfs down dinner, and then I don't see him again until 8:00, after the kids are asleep. Sometimes I let the kids stay up late and we go with him, playing on the side of the gym while he's with the team. I can't wait until basketball season is over!
Post a Comment