Zeke is 3 months old today! He is getting more and more chubby by the day! I sometimes wonder if he hadn't been two weeks early if he'd outweigh Noah, who was our biggest baby. He still sleeps wonderfully, as he has his entire life. He's been smiling a lot more and I think I heard a tiny giggle yesterday, but he hasn't replicated it again... so I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer to hear that cute sound. He's been getting some Daddy time Sunday mornings since I started teaching Eli's class again. It's only been two times, and the first one was not so great, but today he fell right to sleep in Jonny's arms. His napping is working out into a more regular routine- about three, sometimes four naps a day. He's a typical fourth child and sleeps any chance he can wherever he is. He especially likes the Moby wrap these days, as do I. I love having him right up against me. Jonny has been wanting to cut Zeke's hair since last month, but I haven't wanted to. Yesterday, I sorta caved. It was thinning out quite a bit, but I thought it was still cute. He looks like a totally different baby now, still cute, of course; but I kinda miss his hair! After we cut his hair we noticed that the back right side of his head is somewhat flat. At Zeke's two month appointment, Dr. Hathaway noticed a flat spot and said it might help to move his swing to a different wall- thinking that he keeps turning his head toward the same direction- where the action is in our home. We won't go in again until next month, but Jonny's already talking about getting one of those baby helmets to help fix the flat spot. The helmets aren't huge like bicycle helmets; they're actually pretty cute, and you can decorate them.... but I don't know... I don't want his head to have a funny shape, but I'm not sure I want him to wear a helmet for six months! If you think of it, you can pray for little Zekers that its nothing wrong, just a harmless flat spot, and that maybe God can have it grow properly.
Here's our little baby cakes!
3 comments:
Oh, he is still cute even without hair, just like Jonny!
Love you guys, and girl.
Mom
What a cutie. Does he sleep on his tummy well? Thats the other way to get rid of those flat spots. They are mostly from baby getting too much time on their backs.
What a big cutie pie he is! He'll probably outweigh Mia soon. :)
Post a Comment