Generally speaking, I'm handling four boys pretty well. I've got a schedule/routine posted to our fridge that helps me stay focused and organized. We have days where we do things differently, like yesterday which was a "clean up & catch up day" which followed our lazy, or maybe I should say restful, Wednesday. Then there are those crazy chaotic times that throw me for a loop and challenge my patience and multitasking.
Like this morning, for example; when I turned my warm shower water and heard Zeke crying in his swing. As I threw my bath robe on and rushed out to the living room, I got a whiff of a rank smell coming from Siah. Once I made it to the bathroom and began to change Siah's diaper, with Zeke in my lap, I could hear hollering and crying coming from the playroom. Great, a fight. Now!? I'm not even dressed, my hair is dripping wet, I have a baby in my lap, another baby getting his diaper changed, and two yelling at each other? Ahh!! BUT by the grace of God, I remembered what I wrote about the other day- how I'm raising up men here. How some day I might actually miss all four of them needing me at the same time. God gave me the strength to handle it all patiently. He gave me the wisdom to speak to Eli and Noah about their behavior, instead of snapping at them. And you know what? Everything settled down fine. I sat down to nurse my sweet Zekers, Siah played at my feet and Eli and Noah carried on wonderfully in the playroom. Ten minutes of chaos could have ruined my morning if I let the craziness get to me and reacted in the flesh. Thank You, Lord, for teaching me to be patient and thankful in these situations. Thank You for seeing me, caring for me and working with my tendency to let a little chaos completely stress me out.
Last Sunday Pastor Rob taught from Isaiah 40- about how HUGE God is:
"Who else has held the oceans in his hand? Who has measured off the heavens with his fingers? Who else knows the weight of the earth or has weighed the mountains and hills on a scale? Who is able to advise the Spirit of the LORD? Who knows enough to give him advice or teach him? Has the LORD ever needed anyone’s advice? Does he need instruction about what is good? Did someone teach him what is right or show him the path of justice? No, for all the nations of the world are but a drop in the bucket. They are nothing more than dust on the scales. He picks up the whole earth as though it were a grain of sand." -Isaiah 40:12-15
And the coolest thing about how huge He is, is how he cares so deeply for us. He sees even my most trivial of trials:
"Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:28-31
His majesty is far beyond what we could even begin to comprehend, yet He cares so deeply... even though our life is but a vapor, a fading flower!
"The grass withers, and the flowers fade beneath the breath of the LORD. And so it is with people. The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever." -Isaiah 40:7-8
After my morning, I sat down to read where I left of yesterday. Here is part of what was before me:
"Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O LORD. How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your rivers of delight. For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see." Psalm 36:5-9
Then this:
"LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. My life is no longer than the width of my hand. An entire lifetime is just a moment to you; human existence is but a breath." -Psalm 39: 4-5
Wow. Life is so short, yet the Almighty God of the universe cares for me. May the things I dedicate my time on earth to be pleasing to Him. May the way I handle a chaotic morning with the gifts He blessed me with be glorifying to Him because He has done SO much for me and loves me with a boundless love!
God brought comfort, love, joy and peace into my heart this morning. He met me. Reminded me of how big He is and how much He cares about my mundane daily tasks. And then speaking of mundane, He reminded me of a picture I have in our kitchen. A friend gave this to me:
She also has this verse framed in her kitchen. It reads:
"Where no oxen are, the trough is clean. But much increase comes by the strength of an ox." -Proverbs 14:4
God is so good! And His everlasting Word is honey to my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment