Monday, June 20, 2011

Yep, its true! We are having ANOTHER baby!

Here we go again!  If you haven't heard by now, I'm 3mos pregnant and due with #4 on New Year's Eve!  It was pretty shocking news for me, as I was wanting to have a bigger gap between #3 & #4.  I am also a little nervous about how everything will work out with four little ones.  I'm praying for supernatural mommy abilities so I can do a really, really good job.  I am so thankful and appreciative of the positive and encouraging responses to our news.  Two emails in particular blessed me greatly-- I want to share them below this next picture:

 I had an ultrasound today.  Even though I asked for a "between the legs shot", its a little too early to tell.  For those of you familiar with ultrasound pics you can see the legs and those two white lines almost in an arrow shape in the middle.  We looked at google images to see if it resembled other boy or girl ultrasound pictures, and they all look really similar at this stage.  I will say though, that I'm thinking it may be a boy after seeing how active this little one was!  Showing off for the camera just like the first three!!  There is one big difference this time around- its how much better I feel.  Even though I am nauseated often, its not constant and I haven't been nearly as physically sick as I was with the first three.
***********************************************
Hi Jessica!
Congratulations! I think that is awesome! I know how overwhelming it is to have so many little ones. Sometimes it feels like you can hardly keep your head above the water...but Christ sustains you and carries you and provides everything you need for this season!

 Looking back, those were beautiful days...when all the little ones were all around me all the time. It's so hard to see it now...but you will look back, too, when the three boys you have are men. And they live giving their hearts, souls, minds, and strength to the One who gave all for them. It's so hard to watch them now carrying their crosses...whatever that may look like on a particular day. Sometimes it's homesickness when they know they are where God wants them, but they miss family. Sometimes it's trial in ministry, a broken heart from a person's harsh criticism, discouragement, watching them be overwhelmed in what God has given them to do and having to seek His comfort, encouragement, hope and promises. Whatever they are enduring as men of God, we as mothers remember those precious times when our kisses and hugs made everything better. When we got to tuck them under their covers and know that they were safe from any distress or concern.

 Love this time, Jess...even with all its crazy demands, chaos, exhaustion. Trust that God has established spacing and order of the children exactly how He desires it to be, and that anything that must be endured because of it is ordained by God to establish Godly character and ruin fleshly habits. Don't grow weary in doing good....lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us...
**************************************************
Hi Jess!
I just wanted to say again, happy mommy-hood!  It would seem God has decided to give you more than you've ever thought you'd be able to contain in terms of joy.  Yes, with that, some hard work, but there is nothing more wonderful than the gift of life, and He is so blessing you!  Think what your life will be when you are your moms age, or your grandmas, with lots of little grands and greats around you at your 80th!

Wow.  You are so blessed.  :-)

I pray that God will allow you to see just how much He is showering you with favor and that you will enjoy Him forever.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats <3 I was waiting for you to make the announcement! We're so happy for you!! Maybe you'll have the baby on my bday, the 29th hehe :)

JuRita said...

Happy Happy Day! You will be able to do it all through Christ strength! Please call or email me if you need anything. I was at my wits end when I had 4 under the age of 5... this too shall pass... God will teach you so much;)
Our new little one is not due till the end of Feb! So happy we are pregnant together again, even though we are so far away. Now is it Bekas turn!

Jessie said...

Thanks my precious friends who moved so far away! I agree, JuRita-- come on Bek!! Oh, and according to the ultrasound I had yesterday, the due date said Dec. 29th- so maybe!! Love you girls <3

Unknown said...

haha! We're working on it ;) Love you ladies! Miss you TONS!!! <3

Michelle said...

Congratulations again, Jessie!

Amy said...

Aww... :) I'm so, so happy for you! (And for me! Another sweet niece or nephew!) You already are Super-Mom - I know you'll do great. Love you guys!
- Amy