Wednesday, June 15, 2011

bad news after bad news after bad news

Life has been full of bad news lately!  My heart feels so sad and discouraged.  There are so many friends or acquaintances or friends of friends going through brutal trials.  My grandma's husband, Ted, has Leukemia.  I know of three ladies, young moms, battling through difficult pregnancies and possibly facing the devastating reality of losing their unborn babies.  I know an amazing woman of God struggling and grieving over the life of her 20 year old son as he is faces a 5yr prison sentence... and now her best friend has breast cancer.  I know of a faithful and gorgeous 34yr old woman (and mother) who, after having a rough last five years, found out she has stage IV colon cancer... then found out her brother-in-law has a stage IV brain tumor.  I know a young couple who are trying to be a light to their parents who are separating after 30+ years of marriage.  I know a sweet lady and mother of two who, after a year of battling breast cancer, now has thyroid cancer.  

There is a phrase that Pastor Rob loves and often quotes.  It goes like this:  "God's past faithfulness demands our present trust in Him."  We know He has done great things.  He has made what was once filthy, beautiful and has restored the years that the locus destroyed.  We know He can be trusted.  I love that when we are struggling to be faithful and trust Him, He can supernaturally fill us with those things.  It reminds me of a few lyrics from a song our worship leader wrote years ago:
When we're faithless, You are faithful.  
When we're helpless, You are able.  
When we're empty, You sustain us.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Adding to the list - my grandpa is not doing to hot. Heading down to cali probably tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, Your compassionate loving heart is an awesome witness to how much God loves and cares for each of us...plus even more. Not one is alone. All are in HIS loving hands. Safe hands.
Monica S.