Thursday, November 11, 2010

thankful

I'm thankful for all the the men and women who serve and protect our country!  We are so blessed to be able to raise our children in America- land of the free! 





Today we went to the Veterans Day Parade in Albany.  It's supposed to be the biggest parade west of the Mississippi.  It was pretty cool!  I surprised myself getting a little teary eyed seeing these old guys in uniform waving their wrinkly, creased hands with a proud grin on their face.  It just hit me harder than ever how brave all our service men and women are. I'm so thankful!


 
I don't know what Eli was doing.  He kept posing like this while shooting his pencil like a gun???

 Then I got to thinking... speaking of freedom... Take freedom a step further.  I am so thankful for Christ's FINISHED work on the cross.  Now that is a freedom that is eternally done.  Paid for and won.  Never have to fight or work for it. Finished.

No comments: