Sunday, November 7, 2010
thankful
I'm thankful that we get to learn, grow, and have fun serving in the four & five year old classroom at church. Today was our 'day off', but here is Eli's project from last week when we read about Noah's ark. We did a little circle time activity first. Neighbor Nona let me borrow this magnetic Noah's ark puzzle she had. (We call her Mary Poppins sometimes because she always seems to have anything we need in her garage!) We had just enough magnet animal pieces to hand out to each kid. Then when I called their animal, they got to come up and put it on the magnet Noah's ark. They loved it! Then for the story, we pushed two tables together for a make-believe ark and had all the kids squeeze together on top. (I mentioned how it may have been pretty confined on the ark with all those animals!) When I got to the part where it RAINED and RAINED and RAINED, Jonny misted the kids with our squirt bottle. (I thought that would be a nice touch.) Then we did a game where we pretended to be falling asleep on the ark, but then the sheep started making noise! BAA BAA BAA. Okay, sheep are quiet and we're almost to sleep... oh, no the owls are hooting! HOO-HOO HOO-HOO. And so on and so on. It was lots of fun and we're so thankful to have the chance to play with all these cute kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment