This is our first weekend with Jonny gone for his Driver's Ed training. And go figure- just this week Jonny was pulled over and got a speeding ticket! Talk about ironic1 And expensive!!! Neither of us have ever had speeding tickets before and HOLY COW- I never want us to get one ever again.
Today the boys and I are just hanging out and taking advantage of the nice weather.... which isn't supposed to last much longer. I am now 35 weeks prego, and last night I got this panic feeling like, oh my gosh! Only five more weeks! That's so soon. I'm not ready- there is so much to do. I woke up in the middle of the night remembering that I haven't yet bought this baby a baby book. With Eli and Noah, I brought their books to the hospital with us to get their hand and foot prints in it. I can't believe I almost forgot that for this baby! I went out this morning and picked one up at Freddies. Anyway, I'm thinking of all sorts of things to be done before the baby is born. Some of these things are hard to get done without Jonny here. For example, the baby's clothes and bassinet are up in the attic, and there is no way I'm going to try to maneuver my big body up there by myself! I've also got this freakish nesting urge to make sure the dishes are done before I leave to the hospital. I'm already starting to think about it. The day Eli was born, I went into my doctor's appointment in the morning- knowing I was in early labor- to find out I was six cm! The doctor instructed us to check into the hospital soon. Instead, I went home and did the dishes so my mom wouldn't have to do them for us. I made sure the apartment was picked up and we also made a stop at the bank to make a deposit. Strange- I know! For Noah, the same thing happened. I knew I was in early labor around 10pm when we got home from a frustrating trip to Eugene. What did I do when I got home? I did the dishes so my mom wouldn't have to! I also took a shower, packed Eli's bag and went to sleep for a few hours. The really weird thing is that my mom (and plenty of non-related people) have been to my house when I have dishes in the sink, but for some reason doing the dishes becomes a priority for me when I'm in early labor! :)
Last thing- Jonny found out that he can take courses to teach the non-driving part of Driver's Ed for this summer, which also means he will get paid a little more. The catch- all seven classes are right before or after my due date! It is a really good opportunity, but I don't want to go into labor when Jonny is in Portland. We haven't made a decision about it yet, but we have to soon. I'm running all these scenarios through my mind... what if I don't have the baby during the two weeks Becky will be here? What if Jonny is gone, and I'm in excruciating pain and can't tend to the boys? What if I have to stay in the hospital more than one night... I REALLY don't want to be away from my boys more than one night! What if I have to call my mom in the middle of the night? What if Noah freaks out when he wakes up the morning Jonny and I are gone? Oh, boy... I'm just praying for perfect timing and that the Lord will have everything go smoothly.
Okay, here is a funny video of Noey showing off his tricks! (Try to ignore the tissues shoved up Jonny's nose in the background... he has a cold.) :)
Oh, I lied- this is the last thing. I wanted post a few pictures from a big brother/new baby book we have. For Christmas the boys got these cool books from
my sisters, and Eli has learned so much from them. We read one before nap time basically every day. I highly recommend getting a book like this to help a big brother or sister understand what's going on in Mommy's belly. Eli can tell you all about the umbilical cord and the womb, which is full of warm water. He likes to call it the baby's bathtub.
1 comment:
My brother was born at night, and we all woke up to our mom's friend babysitting us while mom and dad were away...and it was okay. Especially because mom had told us it might happen.
Post a Comment