Friday, October 2, 2009

Chaos

Do you ever feel like you're drowning in the chaos of your own life? Okay, I know I'm making tons of posts lately, and maybe that is part of the problem I'm about to share. See these pictures of our garage? Horrifying! It was okay and sorta explainable the first month and maybe even the second month after we moved in, but we're coming up on 2 1/2 months of living here, and the garage hasn't been touched. Nothing in the garage needs to be moved into the house, so that's a lot of junk we're storing! I'm pretty sure most of it is kid stuff. We need to establish some kind of shelving system, and it all needs to be organized. I walked into the garage the other day and I thought that sight before me didn't just reflect the condition of our garage, but it also reflects the chaos and craziness of our life right now. I'd be too embarrassed to take any pictures of my closet and our so-called 'office', but believe me- its not pretty. Even my email inbox is a cluttered mess. We are just so busy. We have so much going on. There is not enough time in the day! I'd love to read more, scrap book, catch up on Noah's baby book, visit with friends more... all kinds of things. However, lately it seems like there is not even enough time to get the basics done- to just survive the day. We're always go-go-going. For me that usually entails trying to keep up with the boys, read at least two books to each boy every day, and to give Eli at least 15 minutes of 'school time' every day, and honestly that doesn't always happen. By the end of the day, when our heads hit our pillows, we are so dead-tired we are asleep in seconds, and then morning comes much too soon. We have plans for every weekend in October (I can't even believe it is October already!), and I'm pretty sure November is looking about the same- with only two 'free' weekends to work around the house and get some quiet family time in. Now, I do like being busy. I'd rather have plans than be bored with nothing to do, but I also wouldn't mind if things slowed down a bit. We can't be the only ones... does anyone else feel this way? Okay, maybe I should pull myself away from the computer and go clean something. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and the days go by faster the older you get. I remember older folks telling me that when I was younger and thinking that was just a saying, but now, that I am older I think that its true. However, I also think that you can slow things down by slowing yourselfs down. Don't try to do everything, say no to some things and people and give yourselfs time to do nothing, because in reality, most things can wait. Ok, maybe the garage is haunting you but winter is comming and thats always a good time to do things inside.
XXXOOO MOM