Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our weekend

We had a fun little party for Eli this weekend at Wildcat park in Corvallis. The coolest park ever! :) (We had his first birthday party there, too.) My mom, grandma and sister all came up for the weekend, so that was a nice surprise. We don't get to see my mom a lot, and we very rarely (like 2 or 3 times a year) see my grandma, so it was nice to have the three of them here. Friday the four of us girls went up to Portland to do some shopping at Ikea. It was great fun! They had never been to Ikea, so I had to show em'. My sweet grandma even bought us some cool gadgets for our new house. I had such a fun, relaxing weekend with them here. It's always great to have Becky with us because she just fits right in as our 5th member of the family, but it was so cool to have my mom and grandma too. They just took over my kitchen and did all the cooking and cleaning. I wouldn't feel comfortable letting anyone else just take over, (because that would just be weird) but my mom is my mom and that's just her nature. She just likes to be busy and get stuff done. So I let her, and I kinda enjoyed it! :) She and my grandma took care of most of the food stuff for Eli's party, made meals, and cleaned up. She even seemed to manage the dog and my children better than I do. She's just an amazing lady! :)

Here's a video from Eli's party. (It was windy and we had a hard time lighting the candles.)



Look what Becky got Eli for his birthday! A Betta fish! We took him to PetCo and let him pick out everything. Well, almost everything. For some reason, he's really into pink right now. (I bought a box of toothbrushes for the boys, and Eli's first choice was the pink one. I don't really care, but Jonny doesn't like it.... I guess its a macho man thing...) He wanted a pink Betta fish, a pink tank, luckily there were no pink rocks, but there was a pink flower to go inside. I convinced Eli that the blue Betta fish was pretty cool looking, and he decided to go with that one instead of the pink one. (You're welcome, Jonny!) But I think the tank turned out really nice. The colors all look good together, and I actually think the tank looks more red than pink. Eli named the fish Nemo, and every morning he feeds him one little bit of fish food... my kind of animal... very low maintenance. ;) (FYI: If anyone wants a real Nemo fish, you have to set up a salt water tank which costs a couple thousand dollars !!! And is high maintenance.)

I had to put up a cute on of Noah.

Lastly, I just wanted to show this picture of Eli holding up a picture of Grandpa Marshall's semi truck and the toy semi truck he sent for Eli's birthday. I thought it was a really cute idea, and Eli loves his semi truck full of cars.

No comments: