Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!

Eli turned 3 today! (Well, technically not until 11:03 tonight.)
We went to the Dollar Store today, and I gave Eli two dollars of his birthday money to buy whatever he wanted. He decided to get a football for himself and a soccer ball for Noah. I was so delighted to hear him say, "I want to get something for Noah, too." Then we had a little birthday date- just the two of us. Well, it wasn't really that special. I went to get my hair cut and brought him along. I let him bring his back pack full of snacks and we bought a special treat on the way, so he sat perfectly still like a little angle eating his food while I got my haircut. :) In the last two days Eli has been a little more challenging than the norm, but man- how I love that kid! That's got to be a God thing. How else could we love our kids so darn much when they're driving us totally bonkers at the same time? He's so stinkin' cute. And he really is so sweet- despite the 'Don't Bug Me' jams. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He so dang cute! I mean handsome.
XXXOOO Grandma Wilson

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday, Eli!! (sorry it's late!) It sounds like you guys had a really fun day. Man, what a cutie!!

Rebekah said...

He is such a sweet kiddo. Happy Birthday Eli.....I had some of the same difficulties this year with Oscar after he turned 3...someone told me its not the terrible 2's its the terrible 3's. But its great age!! We've had so much fun with Oscar this year and I"m sure you will too with Eli <3

Jessie said...

Hey Rebekah! Thanks for your comment. Oscar is such a cool kid, too. I had fun getting to know him better in their classroom on Sunday. I am already liking this older age... I love the conversations and being able to get little glimpses into what their little minds are thinking. :)