Amazing. All I can say is amazing. God is amazing. Jonny's surgery went excellent. Although it was not the Lord's will to heal Jonny like we were praying, we cannot deny that God's gracious hand was on us today.
Jonny & I drove to OHSU @ about 5:30 this morning for pre-op stuff. We were both very calm & relaxed, even peaceful. I only got a little scared & teary when I had to say goodbye to Jonny. At about 8:30 this morning a team of doctors wheeled him away on his bed. It just all seemed so scary, serious & a bit intimidating. My sweet friend, Brea, was there waiting for me in the waiting room. We prayed right when I got down there & after that I felt totally at peace. Jonny's nurse called periodically to let me know what was going on. At about 9:43 they started surgery (opened up his chest cavity), then at 10:15 they hooked him up to the lung & heart machine. At 10:30 they started to cut his aortic valve. Then at 12:15 she called again to say it was over & he was all closed up & they were weaning him off the heart & lung machine. (They originally told us surgery would take 4-6 hours!) About an hour later he was in ICU & an hour after that I got to go see him! He looked pretty good, too. I was expecting him to look horrible, but he just looked like he always does when he's sleeping. Well, sleepy Jonny w/ a bunch of tubes coming out of him. His face was a bit swollen, too. He was awake, but groggy. He was talking, joking & kept asking for pizza & diet coke. :) We couldn't have asked for it to go more perfectly. Praise the Lord!
Eli & Noah did great, too. Eli had way too much fun w/ his Aunt Amy & Aunt Shelly & cousins. Noah was a perfect angle, like usual.
1 comment:
PRAISE JESUS!!! We'll keep praying--we are rejoicing with you that it went so well! Keep posting updates--I was so excited that you had news up so quickly. Bless you guys!
Post a Comment