Sunday, May 13, 2012

Exhausted

So exhausted.  My mind, soul, emotions, body- all exhausted.  The last 33 days have been an interesting journey.  My mind has been in a hazy fog running and re-running scenarios.  I've been murmuring little prayers throughout my days.  Tears.  Zeke has not been sleeping well the last 16 days.  But God has sprinkled in some of His wonderful grace.  I could write a really long post, but I won't because like I said, I'm exhausted.  We've been living in the land of making big decisions.  Future unknown.  Then five days ago, the Lord threw an unexpected twist into the mix.  Now the future is even more unknown.  What's funny is that our future is really always unknown, but we (especially me!) like to plan and think we know what's coming.  How does that verse go? 
"A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."  -Proverbs 16:9

 I've been reading this scripture to the boys every morning (okay, most mornings).  It brings comfort to my soul:
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.  
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;   
For You are with me;  
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;  
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.   
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me   
All the days of my life;  
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever."  ~Psalm 23

1 comment:

JuRita said...

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
1 Peter 5:10

Keep holding on to Him Jess, you will be even a stronger woman! Love you.
J