Wow! Two weeks since my last post! That's a lot time for me- blabber mouth blogger! :) I just haven't been much in the mood for blogging lately, but since Siah's first birthday was on Tuesday I felt like I should at least make a little post about our sweet baby boy.
This year has gone by faster than the others- probably because it feels like I never stop moving! However, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every moment with our precious Josiah. I have no idea how many kids we'll end up having (more on those thoughts later...) but after having Siah I felt like we were nearing the end. That feeling is SO SAD. Because of that, I have purposed to soak up every moment with Siah- to hold him as much as I can, to smell his baby scent as often as I can, to sing to him every chance I get, to let him sleep on me a little longer, to memorize his baby giggles, to smother him in kisses, etc, etc, etc... enjoying all those sweet baby things that will some day not be so routine and familiar. :( And thank you, Jesus, for giving me the strength and energy to thoroughly love and enjoy my baby in the midst of loving and training my other two busier boys. Siah is such an enormous delight to our family, and I can't imagine being The Oelkers without him. Now, I'm just enjoying these last few months I have of him mastering his walking skills- you know, before he gets the hang of it and I have to chase him everywhere. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment