Thursday, May 26, 2011

My birthday

My birthday was yesterday, and although it started off with some Noah screams at 6:30am, it turned out to be a pretty nice day.  I wanted to write about the day, not because I want to talk about myself, but because I want to talk about some of the amazing people in my life.  

First, my wonderful husband got out of bed probably six times to deal with Noah before he actually needed to wake up!  I got to sleep until he left for work.  After work we went out to dinner, and Jonny was the one who took the boys to the bathroom, reminded them to sit still, cleaned up their messes, etc. 

My sweet sister, Becky, called to say happy birthday before I was even out of bed!  Then, even though she already gave me a gift when she was last here, she had these beautiful flowers delivered to my house!  She absolutely spoils me, even when I am unable to do the same for her on her birthday. 

Then there's my awesome sis-in-law, Lacey!  She came over to visit (with cup cakes!), entertain the boys while I got stuff done, and even got down on her hands and knees to help me scrub my icky kitchen floor.  (It was super icky, too!)

And my friend Grace.  She is a walking example of a Proverbs 31 woman.  She has five kids of her own, homeschools, and is an amazing wife and cheerleader to her husband who is the director of our church's bible school.  Her plate is beyond full, yet she still makes time to throw me an incredible baby shower or bring me an amazing Hawaiian meal after having a baby, or gather up some ladies to celebrate my birthday.  I am so blessed to know this woman and call her my friend!

Finally, lets not forget about my mom.  The one who delivered me 27 years ago!  She's the one who deserves the flowers and cards and phone calls.  Thank you so much for being a great mom, Mom!

There are so many other family and friends who sharpen, humble and teach me.  I am a blessed girl! 

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Jess! You deserve all the love you received and more! Love and miss you! ~Becky

Anonymous said...

We all need to be reminded of how we are all blessed by having you in our lives!!! Love you, Mom