Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A week away

This post will probably only be interesting to people who share a history with me in CA., but I had to post pics and share about it, so that I can have this as a memory when I print it.

Josiah and I had SUCH a fun trip. It was quite a first vacation for a little guy. =) I was gone for a whole week without my husband and big boys!!! I thought I was going to be missing them miserably, but I didn't... okay, that sounds a little bad. I missed being with them, but completely enjoyed myself and the lighter load of responsibility. I am so glad I was able to have this little trip. And now it'll probably be another four years before I leave my boys for this long! =)

My friend, Julia, (friends since we were toddlers) invited me to drive down to CA with her to visit family. We drove down to my grandma's house in Keno (outside of Klamath Falls) on the first day. My sweet, sweet grandma let Josiah and I have her master bedroom. Her house is right on the Klamath River and has an incredible yard. For Josiah's 5am feeding, I woke up to a beautiful view of the sun making its way over the horizon and casting its rays over the shimmering water. (I tried to take a picture, but it didn't turn out and I was too tired to try again.) The next day we drove 5hrs to my sis Becky's house in Concord, CA. We stayed with her for three days, and then headed down to Templeton, to Julia's brother and sister-in-law's house. I left the next day with a family friend and spent two days at her lovely home in Solvang, Ca. Solvang is right next to Santa Ynez where I grew up and just south of Santa Barbara where I was born. Then, my amazing and generous sister paid for my plane ticket back home.

Josiah was EXCELLENT the whole trip! Never freaked out with all the driving; he is such an easy baby. We had such a relaxing, great time. Here are lots of pics...

Jacey and Josiah did a lot of sitting in their car seats, but they were so great!!Josiah helping Nana and Papa Ted make breakfast.This pic didn't turn out great, but this framed artwork in Nana's house is painted by Eli!Getting some loves from Nana.View from Mt. Diablo.Josiah enjoying the view. (Don't worry, I wasn't holding him over the ledge!)My surveyor (Sr. Land Tech) sister found this median point thing of interest. =)Hiking around some strait... I don't remember the name...Josiah slept like an angle every night- going to be between 6:30 and 7pm.We girls painted our toes and sipped margaritas!Little monkey boy fits in good at Becky's house. (She has always loved monkeys and has a huge collection of monkey stuffed animals.)Eucalyptus grove- so pretty!
Seacrest Resort Hotel at Pismo Beach. This is where my family would go for 4 of July's sometimes with the Barragans and Ulricks. And then, where Jonny proposed to me... the beach is right on the other side!Speaking of the Ulricks, me and Josiah with sweet Debbie in her lovely home.Debbie drove me all around so I could see my old town. This is the turn off to Los Olivos- toward Santa Ynez, off of HWY 101. Feels like home!!!Well, the 'S' is hiding behind those bushes, but this is my town!! Beautiful SANTA YNEZ!This is the house my dad and grandpa built and I grew up in as a little girl. Its crazy how one little house can stir up so many feelings inside of me. My mom planted the pine trees in front, (I used to be taller than them!) but now there is only one left.

Short video of our house and the Barragan's house. (Julia's house.)
And here is our apartment building two blocks down from our house. After my mom and dad divorced, we lived in apt. #2 (bottom left) for four years while my mom went to school.Another house my grandpa built and my parents lived in before I was born.El Rancho Market- a store my mom briefly worked at. The Longhorn. This old building is in a cute part of town. We used to have yummy pancakes here.Okay, this is a little strange, but right next to The Longhorn, is the Maverick. Its a bar my dad and grandpa used to hang out at. Strange to post it, but I have memories here and its part of my history. I remember poking my head in to stare at all the dollar bills tacked to the ceiling.I never made it to the beach this trip, so I will be back! Bye Bye Santa Barbara- I love you!My happy baby in the plane.

Josiah starting laughing the day we left.

Oh, and the boys were just fine. Jonny did a great job! I was so happy to be home again and squeeze them. =)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great opportunity and break for you! I have some family in Slovang and my grandma and great grandma took a trip there once and got me a jewelry box :)

Jessie said...

You do!!! Crazy! That is so funny- small world. I am SO glad I got to go. I haven't been there since I was like 15 or 16. Corvallis/Albany is definitely my home, but it was so nice to visit my once apon a time home =)
Umm... and I still haven't seen you and Olivia yet!

Unknown said...

They are extended-extended family. Most of which I have either not seen since I was a baby or never met. Wish I would of gone when we lived in Cali :)
I know, I know. We'll be back to church on the 19th once Olivia has her first set of shots. I'd love to get together with you!!! My mom is coming into town on Friday for two weeks, I'm soo excited!

JuRita said...

WOW Traveling Momma!

Glad we got to wave at you guys the other day. Sean and I were both so out of it.. baby was screaming and we were on our way to Nichols Garden Seed store. Its not to far from where we saw you.

Anyways... what a blessing of a trip. And how sweet of Dad to have the kids. I am sure he missed you guys. Hopefully see you SOON! Hugs!

Lacey said...

This is awesome Jessie!! I'm so glad that you guys had such a great time! Yay! Love the pictures. I'm so glad that you got to go and that you had a wonderful trip. :)