Thursday, June 5, 2008

Praise & the fire dept.

Just a little post to thank you for your prayers for Eli. He has been sleeping so well lately! He hasn't been waking up in the middle of the night or super early in the morning. In fact, he's been sleeping 45 min. to an hour later than he usually does, & that's still w/ a two hour nap! (three today!) It's been good for me to get the extra rest, too; so thank you!

No other news regarding the baby. I'm still having a bunch of those contractions I don't feel.

Off subject... The fire dept. came to our house yesterday morning! Eli & I were getting out of the shower when our smoke alarms went off. They were piercing loud & wouldn't stop so I threw a rope on, grabbed naked Eli & tried to stand on the step stool in our hallway w/ my finger on the hush button. The button wouldn't work! So yes, I called 911. (Jonny always teases me b/c I've called 911 so many times in my life.) I managed to get some real clothes on & Eli in a diaper before the sirens turned into our neighborhood. I stood back up on the stool & actually got the alarms off right before the fire crew came in. I'm sure we were quite a site to see. Eli was pretty entertained. They replaced a couple batteries, but said if it happens again to call 911 again (see Jonny!) & they'll come out to check it out; but we may need an electrician to check our wiring. Anyway, it was an exciting morning! Too bad I didn't think to get a picture of Eli in his diaper in front of the fire truck parked outside our house. :)

No comments: