I just came across these verses on contentment, & since my last post was this subject I thought I'd share them w/ ya'll.
"Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." -1 Tim. 6:6-10
"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' " -Heb. 13:5
The things of this world can be so distracting. Although there is a place for enjoying what the Lord has given us, our focus, my focus, can be blurred or thrown off course. Happiness doesn't come from the pursuit of material gain. The truth is I have nothing w/out Him; everything else is temporary. He is all we need. Isn't He enough?!
No comments:
Post a Comment