Okay, I have to brag about my smart little boy. First of all, he is potty training himself! We have been doing sign language w/ Eli since he was really little, so whenever we change his diaper we sign to him & verbally tell him that we're changing his diaper. About a month & a half ago Eli started doing the 'change' sign right before he'd soil his diaper. We started taking him to the potty every time he did this & would say, "Poopy! Good job! Poopy!" We also started doing the actual sign for poop. Now Eli always says, "Poo Poo" & does the sign right before he has to go. He doesn't always tell us in enough time, but I'd say that when we're home, 90% of the time he does his "Poo Poo" on the toilet! I think most kids are about 2 or 2 1/2 before they start doing the potty training thing, so I'm sure it'll be a long process for us (he doesn't get the 'pee pee' thing at all) but I am still so proud of Eli! I am so proud of him mostly, b/c he initiated it- we've never pressured him about using the potty. :)
The other thing is this morning I was writing down a bunch of stuff about Eli for his baby book. One of the things I mentioned was that Eli is talking more & more. I started jotting down a few words & before I knew it, it turned into a huge list of words. I was so impressed that I wanted to share it w/ you. So here's the list of all the words Eli, who is only 16 months, says: (you don't have to read this part.... I'll never know)
Uh oh
No- no
Mama
Mommy
Dada
Hi
Hello
Bye- bye
Bink (pacifier)
Eat
Bite
More
Please
All done
Hot
Cheese
Milk
Bread
Banana
Balloon
Ball
Bonk
Sorry
Poo- poo
Duck
Dog
Roro (Russell)
Mima (Michael)
Nana
Light
Snow
Burr
Yay!
Whoa!
Oh no
Baby
Brruuumm (sound effect for moving vehicle)
Boo (peek-a-boo)
Belly
Nose
Ear
Eye
Yes
Bible
Book
Night- night
This
Shoes
Down
1 comment:
Eli is so adorable!! Wow, what a smart little guy. I'm amazed with how many words he uses. And the potty training himself is really cool. He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment