So Eli is in this weird boy phase of what I like to call "maker of annoying noise". Drumming on things, hooting, hollering, squawking, mouth farting, burping - oh how I HATE the burping! Honestly, I've been a bit annoyed with him lately. I've been wondering what will come next as he turns seven... more burping? More annoying high pitched singing from the back of the van? More weird screech talking?
But today, today I was so proud of my son. Yeah, he's going through odd stages. But he is also doing some incredible growth. He is becoming an amazing athlete. Finally, the years of chasing toddler Eli make sense! His energy was balled up inside waiting to be targeted in the right direction.
Today Eli's team participated in a single elimination soccer tournament. They played four games today and won them all. Champs! Eli scored 10+ goals. He was awesome. I couldn't believe it. God has given him an incredible athletic gift. Hard foot prints for younger brothers to follow in, but God's plan is good and I can't wait to watch and see the giftings God has given to each of my boys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jVrbUQPgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LhsSTLn-Xo

No comments:
Post a Comment