***Its actually now been two weeks, but I wrote this after one week here***
Today marked one week being here, and the last week feels like a
weird blur. I kept saying I felt like I was walking around in
dreamland-- still shocked this is actually reality. It is absolute
craziness to unpack and try to put a house together with four little
boys .... especially in the heat (we were so spoiled by AC in our Albany
house). I've been feeling like we've been on a trip more than this is
home.
I like the layout of this house but there are quite a few
things I miss about our Albany house. I can probably list ten or so
annoying things about this place but I'll try not to make this post negative! ;) Just for fun though, here's one-This house doesn't have a
screen door for the kitchen slider (our landlord will replace it) and
its HOT so we open it up in the mornings... so of course FLIES invade
our house. We've even had three bee stings! I keep thinking of
a precious friend and their calling to be missionaries in Kenya. I
think: Okay, if Autumn is going to Kenya, surely I can put my house
together in PRINEVILLE while enduring moderate heat, swarming flies and bee stings! ;)
The boys are adjusting alright. Zekey has been asking for
neighbor Nona... which breaks my heart. The other morning Siah asked me
"when we go back to our REAL house so we can play with Poole Boys?" ...
which caused that lump of sadness in my throat to swell up again. Noah
says he hates Prineville water (it tastes a little funny & no
fluoride!) ... that just made me laugh. We
had a grumpy neighbor across the street YELL at Eli for scooter-ing in
his driveway...
made my Mama Bear blood boil! Those are just little things- all in all
they're really carrying on fine... life as usual.
I went to a bible study the other night- Beth Moore (love
her!). The ladies were nice, its just weird being the stranger. I think it will be a really good study
& I think perfect timing for me. We're studying Daniel & in the
intro Beth said: "I didn't expect Daniel to become one of the most
effective antidotes I've ever taken for fear. It shows God in control
absolutely sovereign never shaken and nothing can deter his plan for the
ages." Sounds a bit perfect for me. I want to make the best of this & live
life to the fullest for God's glory but at the same time there are moments were I'm frozen in sadness and doubt.
The
people we've met are nice... definitely a small town. Our neighbor is a
teacher Jonny works with. The nurse at the family practice is the mom
of a boy on our soccer team. It really does feel like everyone knows
everyone... or at least knows someone you know. The Vice Principal
& Athletic Director at the high school go to Calvary. The principal
is a believer also but she lives in Redmond. I've run into people I
"know" at the grocery store, park... stoplight :) I met up with a nice
homeschool mom today (At Starbucks! There is a Starbucks!) who seems to
know everyone in town. Seriously! She's super nice and we're
going to join a Prineville homeschool group that meets twice a month to
do science crafts & experiments as we go through an Apologia
Astronomy textbook.
Anyway, I'm trying to keep my overwhelmed and grieving eyes on the Lord and be persistent in prayer. These verses come to mind:
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thes. 5:16-18
"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4
No comments:
Post a Comment