Do you ever feel like there are way too many decisions to make as parents? ...
It begins before the child is even born. What will your pregnancy diet look like? Will you find out boy/girl? Midwife or doctor? Hospital or homebirth?
Then they're born. Will you give Baby a pacifier? Will you let them sleep with you? Will you "sleep train"? Will you feed them only organic food?
As they get bigger and bigger and bigger there are more and more and more decisions...
How will you discipline? Will you have them participate in sports? Public school/Private school/Homeschool... become an unschooler? T.V.? If so, how much? Santa no Santa? Trick-or-treat? Cook only from scratch?
Ahh! The decisions are never ending! And I only listed a bit. Heaven forbid you make the wrong "choice" and screw up your kid!
Well, last night, without this even being the topic of conversation, Jonny gave me a HUGE compliment and encouragement. We were talking about Eli's presentation topic for class this week (John the Baptist) when Jonny just stopped and told me how good of a mom I am. He was thankful. He is thankful that I'm teaching the boys to ask to be excused from the table. He is thankful that I am teaching the boys to do chores and pick up after themselves. He is thankful I've equipped our six year old son to be able to give a presentation on a biblical topic that most adults wouldn't be able to. He is thankful that I pour into them every day. Now, I screw up PLENTY! I hope I don't sound prideful here. I want to share how great it is to receive encouragement at just the right time. I was stewing over these "decisions" & "screwing up my kids" thoughts the last few days and Jonny put all my concerns to rest through his encouraging words.
"Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up." Prov. 12:25
1 comment:
What a cool picture!
Love Mom
Post a Comment