Six years ago he woke me up at six in the morning. Today he woke me up at six in the morning. Then, it was tightening tummy muscles that woke me up- the beginning of a very long and exhausting day. Today, it was the birthday boy's warm body climbing into my bed, cuddling up nice and cozy under the covers- the beginning of a very long and exhausting day. That night, as I held him in my arms, memorizing his face, I knew my heart was captured but didn't quite know what to expect from the journey before us. Tonight I feel like its the end of an era with him. His baby chub is gone; his face has thinned out. He's so independent, so capable... such a big boy. Tonight I held him in my arms again, looking into that sweet face that I know so well, and I pray that the next five years are as sweet as the first five have been.
How did this...
become this!?
******
Here are some pics from today- celebrating the day the Lord gave me my first son:
 |
| Bean bag birthday gift from brothers. |
 |
| Nerf cake! |
 |
| Zeke wouldn't let me set him down while I was preparing for the party- then he konked out! |
 |
| Team Dominators! Ready to battle!! |
 |
| Nerf Party food: Cheesy Bombs, Carrot Darts, Olive Bullets, Bullseye Treats, & Warrior Juice! |
 |
| Party bags for our friends (couple families) filled with Nerf Guns we collected at garage sales over the summer. |
 |
| Buddies. |
 |
| My handsome boy. |
 |
| Team Beavers! They had SO MUCH FUN! I had to ask them to come eat cake!! |
5 comments:
Happy 6th birthday Eli!! Jess...what a precious picture of you and infant Eli...wow! Such a happy celebration for all of you! :-)
and yes those next five years will be amazing! the hugs are even better. (its amazing when they get taller than your shoulders!!!) happy bday eli from the buckouts!!!
Looks like it was a great party, hope you get some sleep tonight Jess. Love you, Mom
Looks like a fun party! Happy birthday, Eli!
Yay! Such a sweet walk down memory lane.
Looks like you pulled off another great birthday party! I'm sorry we missed it. Tell Eli to expect something in the mail.
Post a Comment