Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Break: Part 3

We've been keeping busy and having lots of fun.  Its hard to believe we only have about four or five more days at home before Jonny has to go back to work!  (Plus a couple short trips!)  Here's more pictures of what we've been up to:



Corvallis fountains
We went camping with YL at the Rogue River.  The first day was HORRIBLE- so bad I was in tears and about to drive home at 7:30pm.  Praise the Lord I didn't because the rest of the time was better and then on the drive home we got a flat tire.  If I left early, I could just imagine myself stranded on the freeway in the dark with a flat tire, van full of boys calling my mom crying because I wouldn't know what to do. 
Sleepy face Siah.
 Eli playing football at Creation Camp at our church.  Jonny taught a few science sessions that week too!
Jonny doing the bike portion at his triathalon!
And then the running portion...
Jonny rocked it!  He got third place for his age group!  It was so cool that Eli got to finish the race with his dad.  I was bummed though, that my camera started recording just seconds after the speaker announced "Jonny Oelkers finishing the race with his son!"
Family bike rides!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cool!!!
Love Mom XXXOOO

JuRita said...

Love the videos! Sean and I were talking about someone recording a video for us so we can see more of childrens ministry, church life, and just see familiar faces again. He mention having Tim V .. we still need to ask. If he does you must get on it! Miss you guys. I used your homeschool blog the other day for Jason to see what kind of work his friends were doing. He needed some motivation! Thank you ;) Blessings and love..

Sintari said...

WOW! I am so impressed with your garage project! I don't know how you guys do it all - you're so cool! Go, Jonny, go! All that AND a triathalon AND three boys and a new baby? You guys sure know how to spend a summer break!