Monday, October 25, 2010

Organized

Yes, I have to be this organized.  People often ask me how it is with three kids, and I say that is great because I keep busy and organized.  I don't know, maybe its a sign of low intelligence or something- that I need to follow a structure or routine otherwise I wander about frustrated and unable to get anything done.  :)  I like going to be at night knowing I've accomplished what was set out for the day.  So here it is my organization...

The Acts of Kindness heart is a way to try to keep Eli and Noah from fighting.  If they put their brother before himself, they get a sticker.  For example if they both want a toy, and Eli says that Noah can have it first, that would be being his 'brother's keeper' and he would be rewarded with a sticker.  Each sticker is worth a dime, then they get to splurge at the dollar store.  I hesitated before doing this, because it seems 'works' oriented, but Jonny thought it was an okay idea and that its a way of teaching little kids to put others first.  (Even though they're technically still sorta thinking of themself by doing something to get rewarded...)  You can tell I'm still not sure I like this...

The other things are our weekly schedule, our regular monthly routine, and a schedule for my chores and dinner menu.  Oh, it feels so good to be organized!!  :)

No comments: