Friday, November 13, 2009

Hip, Hip, Hooray for the 2nd Trimester!!!

Some people say 13 weeks is the official welcome into the 2nd trimester, other people say its 14 weeks. Which ever it is- I'm there! I'm 14 weeks today and I think, think, I may be feeling better. Man, that 1st trimester is killer! One of the strangest things for me during this particular 1st 14 weeks was that I craved coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker. I've never made a pot of coffee in my life. But we ended up buying a box of those Starbucks frappaccino coffee drinks from Costco. Now, I understand that may not be real coffee to some people like my mom who can just drink straight black coffee, but to me,- it's coffee. And I love it. It totally settles my sensitive stomach.

One of the reasons I think I might be over the morning sickness stage is that yesterday was one of the first days in a long time that I actually felt like cooking. I actually wanted to cook and didn't feel like I was going to get horribly sick from any smells. I got out my Rachel Ray 30-minute meals cookbook and was so excited to try out some new recipes. (By the way she has a new book out of her best recipes- called "The book of 10"- I really want to get that book.)

Eli is still cracking me up with questions about the baby. He wanted to know how the baby goes poopy in my belly and what happens to it. I told him the baby won't go poopy until he/she is born, and his response was, "Yeah, because the baby wont' get a diaper on until she's born." (He always calls the baby a girl and when we try to tell him we don't actually know yet, he insists it's a girl.) Also he always asks me how the baby is doing and if we can feel her move yet. I say no, but he still likes to put his hands on my belly just in case he feels the first kick. I really should say 'move' instead of 'kick' because Eli got confused by that the other day. He said, "Oh, is she playing with a soccer ball?" When I explained that 'she' wasn't, he thought it was a real injustice that she didn't have toys in there with her. "What does she do all day?" :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yay, congratulations! You should put a picture up of your baby bump. I wanna see it! Do you even have one yet?

Unknown said...

Aww..yay for 2nd trimester! And I'm gonna go with Eli on the girl issue :) hehe....Oscar was spot on with Penelope.
The ultrasound tech said usually little kids are, they just have some weird intuition. She said that is until they get an opinion around age 4...aka Oscar now. We ask him the same thing, do you think its a boy or girl, he says "hmm...gurl...no, no boy".