Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm so proud of my husband!

Okay, so we turned the job down. No Casper, Wyoming for us. Not that I was totally and completely in favor of going, but I was a little disappointed the way it all worked out. It was such an emotional build up, so now the let down is also emotional. I'll give more details about why and what is going on later...

But may I just say- my husband is awesome! Okay, well, he wouldn't want me to give glory to him; and I know it is the Lord, so let me rephrase-- isn't the Lord in my husband awesome! He has given Jonny the gift of teaching, bible teaching- yes, that too, but also, teaching science. He is great at it! This whole 'Casper journey' has taught us many things, but one of the things it brought forth was a renewed strength in Jonny as a teacher. And for me- a renewed respect for my husband. His hard work has proved that he is a valuable teacher, and all those late nights and Saturdays spent preparing curriculum was not done in vain. As a teacher, Jonny doesn't often see the fruit of his labor, especially when it comes to the lazy, disrespectful high school students. (Not all of his students are lazy and disrespectful, but a large portion are.) It's so cool that Jonny got picked for an interview in this random place, and out of the five interviewed Jonny was the most appealing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised. I mentioned a few blog posts back, 'who wouldn't hire my fab husband.' I am just so proud of him! Good job, honey-bunch! You are a great teacher.

I'm so lucky to have a husband who loves the Lord and is used by Him. That job in Casper was going to pay Jonny oodles more than he is currently getting at Cascade High School. Jonny's heart is obviously not in love with money, but with Jesus. (And believe me, we could use that money!) I pray that Eli and Noah grow into men living for the Lord just like their daddy. They have a great example to watch as they grow up. (I don't want to lay it on too thick. Maybe the boys could learn to clean up after themselves a little better than Jonny. He's a great man, but he's not a perfect man! :) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a gift of teaching that is so important for our young growing minds, they need someone like you!