You are all probably thinking, "Goodness! This girl has a lot to say this month." Well, yeah, I guess I do. :)
Two weeks ago Rob challenged us, as a body, to read through the New Testament together by September. In our bulletins were bookmarks labeled with all the New Testament books and according chapters as an easy way to be reminded and keep track. Reading three chapters a day, five days a week will get us through the whole thing by September.
Isn't that cool!? This is not the first time Rob has challenged us to make a commitment to something where we are in the Word, being washed by it. Over the years, he's also encouraged us to memorize various different passages of scripture we've studied as a church. I love that! We are taught the Word and challenged to make it a real part in our lives. I love that studying and reading God's Word doesn't have to be just a sit-&-watch sort of thing. It's a blessing to be in the Word. We don't have to- we get to. If we read it, expecting to get something out of it, the Lord is faithful to meet us and teach us.
Okay, lastly, I have to share this 10 min. video. This was done around Christmas time. It's so powerful! It's so awesome to see/hear people's testimonies. It gives such glory to God to see how He takes us out of the darkness and into His marvelous light! I cried through the whole thing. I think part of why I cried is because I know almost every person who shared. (I think I counted four whom I didn't know.) I know these people now- as believers. It's so incredible to see where they were before knowing Him.
I want to mention, first though, that it is very unusual for our church to do anything other than a verse-by-verse study through the Word on a Sunday morning. Our church is not at all a production/entertainment sort of ministry. There are special occasions, though, that we do something different. And this video is one of those times....
4 comments:
Oh my goodness...I was in tears. What a great reminder of who Jesus is and why he came!!!
Boy, how many signs I could hold up with Jesus there to be my redemer.
That would be me above. Mom
i totally remember that.. if you search for cardboard testimonies on youtube, you can find more from other churches, they are really awesome.
Post a Comment