Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trip to San Fransisco

The boys and I just got back from our trip to San Fransisco (well, actually Walnut Creek) to visit their Aunt Becky. We had such a fun time! I haven't been down to California since 2003, when Jonny proposed to me. We didn't go as south into California-- to where I grew up, but it was still wonderful. I love California! It is beautiful! I love the rolling trees and giant oak trees. My birthday present this year is a trip down to Santa Barbara at the end of June, and I can't wait!

Anyway, we took a ton of pictures, but here are some of the best ones from our fun trip. I left my camera in my mom's car, so 'll have to post the pictures from my camera later. (The ones of Eli with the sharks at the Bay Aquarium!)
Yeah, and the whole snake thing.... oh my gosh, I can't believe I let Eli get that close to a snake! She was an enormous Albino Python snake-- 20 ft. long & 75lbs! The guy assured us (after we took the picture!) that she is safe because she is well fed and that she is a constrictor, so even if she did bite, it wouldn't be fatal. Umm, who cares!? She's a huge, freaky snake! What kind of a mother lets her 2 1/2 year old touch a giant snake!? Anyone who knows me just a little bit knows I HATE snakes. Hate them. I'm terrified of them. Why on earth did I let Eli get so close to this snake!? He wanted to touch it so, I thought that was okay because the snake's head was in the opposite direction. Then the guy turned around and offered to get a picture. I started trembling, and my mom snapped the picture. It all happened so fast! I'm a terrible mother! What was I thinking!!! Looking at this picture gives me the heebie-jeebies. I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight! :(

4 comments:

Julia said...

Looks like you had fun! Was that Noahs 1st time in a pool? Jacey just had her 1st swimming experience at the hotel in Eugene last weekend :)

Love, Julia

Unknown said...

Boa Constrictors are fine. They are part of the world. You're not a bad mom for letting Eli satisfy his curiosity.

Anonymous said...

What about my baby girl, I let her not only stand next to the albino snake but who's that other big hunk??? MOM

Jessie said...

Julia- No. Actually Noah was in a pool when he was 2 mos. old. He liked it then, too. He REALLY liked it this time. He was all about the splashing & screeching. As I'm sure Jacey was. :) This was both of their first out-of-state trip, though.