For the last three weeks Jonny has been teaching a creation unit for Truth 101 every Tuesday & Thursday at our church. Truth 101 is a class for high schoolers. Public, private (maybe?) & home-schooled kids come for a couple hours to worship & study the Word. It's such an awesome opportunity for these students. Jonny was so excited when Rory asked Jonny to teach. He's been able to equip the high schoolers with a perspective of science that stems from God's Word. Man, I wish I had this opportunity when I was in high school!
I got to go listen to him teach last Tuesday. Other than the little five minute pieces I hear when the boys & I got to visit Jonny's classroom, this was the first time I've heard Jonny teach since he was in grad school. I have a really smart husband!! He does such a great job. I'm so proud of him. And it's so cool to see him using his biology degree for the Lord.
I'm not sure how many more classes Jonny will be teaching, but he's loved his time so far. The topic of science & creation is Jonny's favorite topic to study & discuss. It makes me wonder what God may have in store for Jonny.... I could totally see him teaching this stuff....
No comments:
Post a Comment