Saturday, September 13, 2008

Desperation

Desperate times call for desperate measures...
Jonny keeps comparing this past week to a game of chess. We make a move & Eli strikes back. He's had some pretty swift moves, but we gotta say, we think this one is CHECKMATE! Bring it on, Eli!!!
So... as I already mentioned in a previous post, Eli learned to climb out of his crib this week. His crib turns into a toddler bed, & since he turns 2 next Monday & now knows how to climb out of his crib, last night we decided it was time to train Eli how to sleep in a 'big boy' bed. He wouldn't have it. He was not obeying at all. He didn't care about being disciplined; he continued to walk out to the living room the very minute we left his room. After TWO HOURS of dealing with Eli for getting out of his bed, we called out the big guns. Well, actually just some particle board, some screws, & Rory's saw. Jonny sawed out a piece of board, screwed it onto Eli's crib railing & waalaa!! Try getting out of that, Eli! I know we're just putting off the inevitable, but we (especially me) were so desperate after this difficult week. I'm not sure if he wasn't ready to be trained for a toddler bed or if we weren't ready to train him... whatever it is, we'll re-visit that obstacle another day.

2 comments:

Rory and Lindsey Rodgers said...

HAHAHAHA! Laughing out loud the whole time. I had to read this to every one here. That is so funny. It is actually a great idea for the mean time. I'm glad you are doing well and hope that this will be a more relaxing week for you:)

Sintari said...

Wow, when Eli wants something, he's very determined. That can be a good thing!
Jonny just went back to work, so maybe that's thrown Eli for a loop? When kids are going through emotional stuff, a lot of it comes out at night. Maybe he just needs some extra reassurances?
Whatever it is, I'm feeling for all of you, and I hope you get through it soon. :)