Thursday, August 1, 2013

Journey to Prineville- Part 3

The move:  We are moving in 24 days.  It is hard to hear myself or others say that.  I have to swallow down a big gulp of sadness before I can answer questions.  However, God has been faithful! He has gone before us and things are falling into place!  

We got renters for our house without posting anything online.  While standing in line to get Eli & Noah from their classrooms at church, Jonny overheard someone talking about needing a rental in Albany. Jonny introduced himself and briefly told him about our house.  He said, "Its pretty set up for kids because we have four boys."  The man replied, "We have four boys also!"  They're moving in on the 25th.

Pastor Rob asked Jonny to share his testimony and story of moving with the men of the church last Monday.  I snuck out of the Women's Study to listen.  I love my husband.  He shared icky, sinful stuff for the glory of God.  To show that Jesus makes all things new.  That as a freshman in college, Jonny became a new creation.  And is still being renewed and transformed.  Surprise, surprise- I cried.

The same sort of stuff is working out for the house we're going to rent.  The rental market in Prineville in July/Aug is SLIM PICKIN's.  Our friends asked their friends if anyone knew of a rental in town for a family of six.   Low and behold, something came up!  And here's where I see a bit of God's humor in it.  The house is on Blackbear St.  Blackbear!  Like the restaurant where this whole thing started! And the house number- oh, its 524.  Like Ephes. 5:24!  Oh my gracious!  HAHA, Lord, that was a funny one!  

Everyone keeps saying, "How exciting!  It'll be an adventure!"  
I respond with, "I have four boys.  Every day is an adventure.  I don't need more adventure!"  
But it looks like God thinks this planner, organized, don't-like-change kind of chick needs more adventure in her life.  Maybe I should go buy me some adventure boots!  

God is good all the time and my life events ARE NOT by chance!  Neither are my children's.  Neither are yours!  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

may God bless you as you respect and submit to your husband. And as you sacrifice so much for this new "adventure" may God fill you with peace and grace to look for the light in all the fog. :)
<3

JuRita said...

Happy for you Jess and understand your every tear. We will never be home till heaven.. keep looking heavenward no matter where He takes you! As soon as we think we are full of adventure (had enough!) He presents us with more ;-) You will find rest for your soul. Love you!