Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Our week leading up to Pure Rebellion

We've been planning for a month or so to take a bunch of kids from Cascade to this Purity event at our church, but we did not plan on the attack that came leading up to the weekend.  The first thing that happened (Sunday night) was my kidney stone drama.  Monday was a holiday, so Jonny already had the day off, but he did not go to Young Life that night, and missed the opportunity to be reminding/inviting kids to come.  Then he took Tuesday off because I was still sore... which meant another day to not being able to talk to kids about coming.  Wednesday was good.. That night, at Campaigners, Jonny was able to teach about baptism and one girl was baptized!  I stayed home in case the pain returned.  Praise the Lord it didn't, but Eli and Noah both woke up crying about 10pm.  Eli had an ear ache and Noah had a fever.  That night was not a good night for sleep.  Ahh!  Thursday rolled in with exhaustion and stress.  Eli woke up with a strange rash all around his mouth, and we had out-of-town company coming Friday.  I didn't know what was going on with Eli and I had a very messy house to clean!  Noah was fine, but Eli's ear pain was off and on.  Thursday night, both at the end of ourselves, Jonny and I were less than patient with each other.  Friday morning brought hope with a phone call from church saying that they were praying for us.  I was so encouraged and my spirit was lifted.  After a mess up involving timing of someone to watch Eli (Ugh!  I'm so dumb!  And I'm not a big fan of leaving our kids, especially all of them, for someone to watch, so I had them split between three different people.)  We finally were walking into the church building ready for Pure Rebellion....

... stay tuned... 

No comments: