Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another BaBY & mAMA uPDatE

We're doing better!  Zeke gained 4oz since Friday, and I'm producing more milk.  I've been drinking this Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk tea and it works!!  Also, neighbor Nona heard oatmeal helps so she made me oatmeal bread and oatmeal cookies.  I'm also trying to keep a high protein diet, so I think all that should help promote healthy (and lots) of lactation.  :) At night I have Zeke sleep right up against me so he smells me... hoping that causes him to want to nurse more.  Although, I can't complain about his sleeping- he only woke up once last night! 

We had a busy, busy day yesterday.  Zeke got his second PKU draw and then had his big circumcision appointment.  I always cry for that appointment because I can hear them screaming from our room down the hall.  (Mostly from being held down for the procedure.)  I always leave and go out to the waiting room after my experience with Eli.  We also brought Siah with us to distract me while I waited.  Everything went just fine, and he is recovering great.  Also, his jaundice is looking much, much better!  Then when we got home, we had some Cascade girls come over to help me paint Siah & Zeke's room.  I was very tired last night, but things are looking up!  :)  

Oh, one little prayer request:  Zekers has had a stuffy nose since he was a week old (isn't that awful!?)  Please pray that clears up so he can breathe easier and not need to be propped up all the time.  

No comments: