Friday, July 29, 2011

Oh BOY!

That's right!  Baby #4 is a BOY!!!  It was pretty obvious to the doctor.  I think he found it within 30 seconds of starting.  Jonny mentioned how we've been wanting a girl, and right as I interrupted with "But a boy would be just as wonderful!"  The doctor said, "Well, I'm glad you said that because if I saw what I think just flashed by, your baby is a boy!"  Jonny and I both started laughing.  

It's been such a shocking day.  How crazy that God would give us FOUR boys in a row!!  I wonder what He has planned for our family?  I wonder why He chose Jonny and I to raise up FOUR boys?  I keep capitalizing because I'm just so amazed.  I am thankful for God's sovereignty and that He is the one in charge.  This didn't happen by chance- because the little Y chromosome swimmer was the best swimmer and made it to the egg first.  (Even though Jonny was joking that something was wrong with his X chromosome production!)  God has had this planned from the very beginning.  He has a plan for this little life, so even though it is our FOURTH boy I will rejoice just like I did with my first.  I will rejoice because my healthy little boy is being fearfully and wonderfully made by our Creator! (Ps. 139:14)

Plus, doesn't He seem to make super cute little Oelkers boys!?  I think so  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have goose bumps and tears in my eyes! I'm so happy for you Jess! I love to watch God! He is so amazing. I wonder what He has instore for you guys too! Congrats <3

Anonymous said...

Yeah, how wonderful for us all!!!
I love my boys. Grandma Wilson

JuRita said...

yay!!! I am all smiles. Love you guys to pieces and your little ones! Happy for you two! Can't wait to tell my hubby.