Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday School

Two weeks ago we taught on Joshua and the battle of Jericho.  Neighbor Nona and I had been collecting toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls for months to use as a craft for this lesson.  We made binoculars from the toilet paper rolls and the kids decorated them with markers and stickers.  They also decorated the paper towel rolls and used them as trumpets.  I took the kids out of the classroom to "spy out the land of Cannan".  They were SO CUTE!  We army crawled, ran, and tip-toed down the Children's Ministry hall way peering into classroom windows looking for the promise land.  We went outside too and still couldn't find it!  Then finally, we made it back to the classroom and found a town called Jericho surrounded by a HUGE wall.  (Jonny set up a wall of our big blocks from home- with a trip rope underneath.)  We marched around the city walls seven times and then shouted "THE LORD HAS GIVEN US THIS CITY!".  We blew our trumpets, "Doo-ta-da-loo!" And the walls came tumbling down!  It was lots of fun.  Here is a picture of Eli with his spy gear. 


Today we learned about Samson.  (Jonny has been out of town for several weekends doing Driver Education training, and I SO missed having his help today!)  I stayed up VERY late last night preparing the Samson craft- I figured 20 would be enough.  We ended up with 27 kids! 27!!!  It was crazy busy!  I had lots of things planned, though, so it all worked out.  The kids did a Samson water painting and made paper plate Samson faces.  Another fun day with the four & five year olds!  All 27 of them!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I love that you are able to apply you child education college training to classroom type setting, and wow!, 27 kids!! Way to go.
I so very proud of you,
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, guess your mother didn't have much college, as far as english goes, looks like I should have read my post before posting it!
Your mother