Josiah is two months old today. He weighed 11.12lbs at his appointment- 3 lbs less than Noah did at that age, and 2 lbs less than Eli. I scheduled his 2mo. appointment at the same time as Noah's 2yr appointment. Both boys had to get shots. :( Josiah was totally fine and content during Noah's exam, but by the time they started his exam he was getting hungry and fussy. They prefer you not to nurse your baby before his shots, in case he throws up, so it was really sad when he got his shots because he was already upset. I felt so bad for him. :( We also spoke with the doctor about Josiah's umbilical hernia. It's the size of a jumbo grape! The doc assured us that it is nothing to worry about and will most likely go away on its own. He said that if it is not gone by the time he is five, we can choose to do a simple surgery to fix it. I'm praying it will be gone by then. But I'm a little worried... he said he's seen some as big as a softball!
In sleeping news- Josiah is sleeping SO MUCH better! Just in the last week he's actually been sleeping 4-5 hour intervals at night!!! When he's awake (which still isn't often) he's super smiley and super cute. Here are some pictures of my baby love....
4 comments:
Aww, Josiah is so cute!
Joshua had an umbilical hernia, too. It went away on it's own, and now he has a perfectly normal belly button.
Oh, good to know! Did I already know that... it sounds familiar... I must have forgot. I'm hearing of more and more kids that have them, so I feel better now. :) It's just a little odd looking. haha
awww, so cute! Can't wait to hang out with you and our gangs again :) Its almost been two weeks and Olivia's umbilical stump hasn't fallen off yet. Her next appt is Monday. Hopefully we'll be at church this week :)
Everyone is wearing a hat but Mommy, someone get that girl some hats and make her wear them!!!
Mom
Post a Comment