First off, I love God the most and He gets all the glory for our awesome church. He is One we want to follow and worship... that said...
Jonny and I have been going to Calvary for just over seven years now. We started going our freshmen year of college and I actually did not like it much. I wasn't used to such a long service... Rob's known for being... umm... maybe 'long-winded' is the word. He usually teaches for 45-60 minutes and that was too long for me. Now I can't get enough! Not that its about the length of the teaching- its all about the content. I love learning and studying God's word! Once I began to tune in to the services, I started learning so much! Jonny and I both learned more from one year here than we have spending our whole lives in church. God is definitely doing an amazing work here in Corvallis. I have also never been surrounded by such a large group of incredible, godly people. It's wonderful! I am often left speechless at how blessed we are to know all these people. Just today I went to a baby shower and was left in awe of the 40ish women from our church that were also there. Women hard after God- so cool! If we ever leave this area, saying goodbye to our church will be so, so difficult. We are so blessed to be part of the work God is doing here. Okay, so here is why I love, love, love our church.
- Thorough, in-depth teaching
- Daily prayer meetings
- The people!!!
- Awesome worship
- Women's study!
- Home group
- Youth groups for middle & high school
- Dedicated children's ministry servants
- Retreats
- Summer BBQ's (time to fellowship)
- Humble leadership that follow the Lord's leading
Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment