Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to school...

Jonny is back to school this week. :( Summer break is over. The boys and I will still try to enjoy the warm weather for as long as it lasts, but we probably won't have as much fun without Jonny. Here are pics from (probably) our last visits to the water fountains, water park and river this summer. Noah splashing in the fountains. He was even running through them. In June, he would barely touch them.
We found a great little spot on the Santiam River just 15 min. from our house. We've gone there a lot this summer to swim and through rocks in the water. We even worked on building a damn across the river. Once the damn was up and the current was not hard for Eli to swim in, he swam all the way across all by himself! At the beginning of the summer he didn't even want us to let go of his hand as he walked across the shallow river. When we were leaving the river last week, Eli said, "I don't want to leave. I want to stay at the river forever."




I'm so proud of Eli! He's now swimming all by himself and even jumping in! At the beginning of the summer he wouldn't let us let go of him in the pool. Yay!

I wonder how things will change next summer.

No comments: